Tools needed for all installations:
Stud Finder (or other method)
3/16″ Drill Bit
11/32″ Drill Bit
6mm Allen Key or Hex Driver
1/4″ Hex Bit Screwdriver (for supplied security screw bit)
7/16″ Socket with Ratchet
3/16″ Allen Key or Hex Driver
Small Hammer or Mallet
1/8″ Pin Punch (if available)
5/64″ Allen Key or Hex Driver
ATTENTION! 2018 MOUNT UP SYSTEMS UTILIZE A KEY-RETAINING, PLUNGER STYLE LOCK. ONCE YOUR KEY IS INSERTED AND TURNED TO UNLOCK, THE KEY WILL REMAIN IN THE LOCK AND CAN SPIN FREELY. THE KEY CAN ONLY BE REMOVED FROM THE VERTICAL POSITION FROM WHICH IT WAS INSERTED.
*IF THE PLUNGER IS STICKING OUT OF THE FACE OF THE LOCK, YOUR BRACKET IS UNLOCKED!*
*TO LOCK, SIMPLY PUSH THE PLUNGER INTO THE LOCK, AND DOUBLE CHECK THAT THE BRACKET IS LOCKED BY ATTEMPTING TO DEPRESS THE RED BUTTON*
RUBBER BUFFER CLAMP “BUMPERS”
If you purchased your Mount Up! system in 2018, your “Buffer Tube Clamp” assembly has grooves concentric to the hole for the buffer tube in the brackets. Each buffer tube clamp assembly contains four of each of the inserts shown at the left. Pick the four inserts that match your buffer tube type and press them into the grooves in the brackets. If you are having trouble inserting them, use lubricant (spit from your mouth works great). THERE IS NO ADHESIVE ON THESE INSERTS.
- Unpack the contents of your package, and remove the red clevis pin retaining sticker on the right hand side of your bracket(s). Break your bracket(s) down into three pieces for installation (item #’s 10, 12, and 13).
- Locate the wood stud where you want to mount your bracket. Brackets can also be installed into block or concrete walls with appropriate anchors (not included).
- Mark either the top or bottom hole location of the mounting plate (#2) on the wall.
- Drill a 3/16″ pilot hole at this location, into the stud.
- Drill a 11/32″ hole in the same position, AT LEAST 1-1/2″ INTO THE WALL (1″ into the stud).
- Using a 6mm allen key or driver, screw a wood insert (#1) into the stud, FLUSH WITH THE STUD, NOT THE DRYWALL. Your insert will likely be inset into the wall by 1/2″.
- Using the supplied driver (#4), screw the plate to the wall with a security screw (#3).
- Place your bubble level against one of the flat sides of the mounting plate (item #2), and mark the location for the second hole.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 to mount the plate on the wall.
- Mark the location of the center hole in the bracket, and drill a 3/16″ hole into the stud AT LEAST 2-1/2″ DEEP.
- Screw the lag bolt (#5) with washer (#6) into the stud using a 7/16″ socket and rachet. Secure, but do not over-tighten.
- Ensure that the security screws (#3) and the lag bolt (#5) are tight.
- Choose the four “bumpers” (#’s 7-9) that you need for your firearm using the guide above. Press them into the grooves on the inside of the rear block (#10), and the front block assembly (#12).
- Using a 3/16″ allen key or driver, mount the rear block (#10) to the mounting plate (#2). The rear block can be oriented so that the release button on the left or right, depending on user preference.
- Align the holes in the rear block (#10) and the front block assembly (#12), and insert the clevis pin (#13) to join the parts. THE HOLE IN THE CLEVIS PIN MUST BE ALIGNED WITH THE HOLE IN THE REAR BLOCK.
- Use a small hammer or mallet to pin the clevis pin (#13) in place, using the 1/8″ spring pin (#14). Use a pin punch (if available) or the second included spring pin (#14) to tap the spring pin slightly past flush.
- Screw the nylon thumb screw (#15) into place on the top of the rear block (10). The angle on your buffer tube will rest against this post, preventing any damage to your weapon or bracket while in use.
- (OPTIONAL) Screw the nylon tipped setscrew (#16) into the rear block (#10) on the side opposite of the red button, ON THE BOTTOM of the clamp assembly. Use this setscrew to achieve perfect vertical alignment of your firearm when in the bracket.
- Unlock your bracket with the key (#17). Open the bracket by depressing the red button, and place your firearm into the bracket. Close the bracket, and ensure that the red release button has engaged. The bracket clamps on the buffer tube between the castle nut, and the angled portion of the tube.
- TO LOCK YOUR BRACKET, REMOVE THE KEY (#17, IF PRESENT), AND PRESS THE PLUNGER INTO THE LOCK. DOUBLE CHECK THAT THE PLUNGER REMAINS IN POSITION, AND CHECK FOR PROPER LOCK BY ATTEMPTING THE DEPRESS THE RED BUTTON.