Tools needed for all installations:
- Stud Finder (or other method)
- Electric Drill
- Bubble Level
- 3/16″ Drill Bit
- 7/16″ Socket with Ratchet
- 3/16″ Allen Key or Hex Driver
- Small Hammer or Mallet
- 1/8″ Pin Punch (if available)
- 5/64″ Allen Key or Hex Driver
ATTENTION! 2018 MOUNT UP SYSTEMS UTILIZE A KEY-RETAINING, PLUNGER STYLE LOCK. ONCE YOUR KEY IS INSERTED AND TURNED TO UNLOCK, THE KEY WILL REMAIN IN THE LOCK AND CAN SPIN FREELY. THE KEY CAN ONLY BE REMOVED FROM THE VERTICAL POSITION FROM WHICH IT WAS INSERTED.
*IF THE PLUNGER IS STICKING OUT OF THE FACE OF THE LOCK, YOUR BRACKET IS UNLOCKED!*
*TO LOCK, SIMPLY PUSH THE PLUNGER INTO THE LOCK, AND DOUBLE CHECK THAT THE BRACKET IS LOCKED BY ATTEMPTING TO DEPRESS THE RED BUTTON*
Click on image above for printable PDF
- Unpack the contents of your package and remove the red clevis pin retaining sticker on the right-hand side of your clamping bracket assembly (#2). Break your clamping bracket assembly down into three pieces for installation (front assembly, clevis pin, and rear block).
- Locate the wood stud where you want to mount your bracket. Brackets can also be installed into block or concrete walls with appropriate anchors (not included).
- Mark either the top or bottom hole location of the diamond-shaped mounting plate (#1) on the wall.
- Drill a 3/16″ pilot hole at this location, into the stud, AT LEAST 2-1/2″ DEEP into the stud.
- Screw the lag bolt (#4) with washer (#3) into the stud using a 7/16″ socket and ratchet. Secure, but do not over-tighten.
- Place your bubble level against one of the flat sides of the mounting plate (#1) and mark the location for the second hole.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to mount the plate on the wall.
- Cover the lag bolt heads with the black covers (#5).
- Choose the four “bumpers” (#s 6, 10, 11) that you need for your firearm using the guide below. Press them into the grooves on the inside of the front and rear blocks of the clamping bracket assembly that you disassembled in step 1.
- Using a 3/16″ allen key or driver, mount the rear block to the mounting plate (#1) using the 1/4″-20 socket head cap screws (#13). The rear block can be oriented so that the release button on the left or right, depending on user preference. THE TOP RAIL/OPTIC OF THE WEAPON SHOULD BE INSERTED INTO THE BRACKET ON THE SAME SIDE AS THE RED BUTTON.
- Align the holes in the rear block and the front block assembly and insert the clevis pin to join the parts. THE HOLE IN THE CLEVIS PIN MUST BE ALIGNED WITH THE HOLE IN THE REAR BLOCK.
- Use a small hammer or mallet to pin the clevis pin in place, using the 1/8″ spring pin (#7). Use a pin punch (if available) or the second included spring pin (#7) to tap the spring pin slightly past flush.
- Screw the nylon thumb screw (#8) into place on the top of the rear block. The angle on your buffer tube will rest against this post, preventing any damage to your weapon or bracket while in use.
- Screw the nylon tipped setscrew (#9) into the rear block on the side opposite of the red button, ON THE BOTTOM of the clamp assembly. Some weapon systems may not hang perfectly vertical in the bracket depending on weight distribution. USE THIS SETSCREW TO ACHIEVE PERFECT VERTICAL ALIGNMENT.
- Unlock your bracket with the key. Open the bracket by depressing the red button and place your firearm into the bracket. Close the bracket and ensure that the red release button has engaged. The bracket clamps on the buffer tube between the castle nut, and the angled portion of the tube.
- TO LOCK YOUR BRACKET, REMOVE THE KEY (IF PRESENT), AND PRESS THE PLUNGER INTO THE LOCK. DOUBLE CHECK THAT THE PLUNGER REMAINS IN POSITION, AND CHECK FOR PROPER LOCK BY ATTEMPTING THE DEPRESS THE RED BUTTON.